Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fond Farewell to Old Friends

This is the hardest time of year for me. The time of year when I have to say goodbye and farewell to some of my favorite things. Yes my friends, I am talking about cleaning out the closet. I hate having clutter in my closet. It just drives me nuts. Yet, when the time comes to get rid of some of my clothes I have the hardest time letting go. All the memories. All the fun times we had together and the places we have seen. Truth be told I have been putting this off for a couple of years now, but the clutter cannot be ignored any longer. So today I started the sad task. The pile that is to throw away and the pile that goes to another home. I haven't told them yet what is going to happen to them. No need for them to feel my pain. So I shall say farewell to the pants I wore when I was 20 and had no curves. Goodbye to the shirts that I used to be able to wear before I blossomed into womanhood ( I was a late bloomer). It is time for us both to move on. Now that I have all of this extra space I think I need to go shopping. Just kidding!

2 comments:

  1. i say go shopping! that is the ONLY reason i clean out my closet...so i can show tyler how empty it is and convince him to let me shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate-- it was a sad day last October when I hunkered down and cleaned mine out. I still think about those friends sometimes.

    ReplyDelete