Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful

As I was sitting and reflecting today I was thinking about all the things in life that I wish we had and how much easier things would be. Then I had a thought. Why can't I be thankful for what I have right now? This is how my life is right now and I could sit here and wish some things were better or I could be happy with everything I have right here right now. My husband has a good job, we have a nice apartment, food to eat, clothes to wear, and each other. What more could we really need? We have been really blessed to get what we have. Not everyone is as blessed as we are. This year I am going to be happy and more thankful for all that I have been blessed with!

2 comments:

  1. That is exactly my problem, I can't just be happy with life the way it is. Maybe one day I'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking a lot about this lately too- I'll be happy when I have a house, I'll be happy when I get a new car, ect... but I've come to the conclusion that no matter where we are in life, we won't have everything. That's not the point of this life, even though the world wants us to think that! I think that is one of the tricks of life- learning how to be grateful and happy with what we have- and I still have a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete